What is Water Irrigation for Constipation?
What is water irrigation for constipation?
It refers to a method of relieving constipation by using water to flush out the colon. This technique, commonly known as colon hydrotherapy or colonic irrigation, involves the introduction of water into the rectum to soften and break up the stool, making it easier to pass. It can be done using specialized equipment or through the use of enemas.
Water irrigation is believed to help alleviate constipation by promoting bowel movement, improving digestion, and enhancing overall colon health.
However, it is important to consult a healthcare professional before attempting water irrigation for constipation, as it may not be suitable for everyone and could have potential risks and side effects.
Types of Water Irrigation Therapies for Constipation
There are some types of water irrigation therapies for constipation:
1. Enema: This procedure involves introducing water or a medicated solution into the rectum to stimulate bowel movement and relieve constipation.
2. Colon hydrotherapy: Also known as colonic irrigation, this therapy uses warm water to flush out the colon, effectively removing impacted feces and promoting regular bowel movements.
3. Sitz bath: This therapy involves sitting in a shallow basin of warm water, which can help relax the muscles of the rectum and encourage bowel movements.
4. Oral hydration therapy: Drinking an adequate amount of water throughout the day can help soften stools and prevent constipation.
5. Mineral oil enema: This type of enema involves introducing mineral oil into the rectum to lubricate the bowel and facilitate easier passage of stool.
6. Coffee enema: Some individuals use coffee enemas to relieve constipation. The caffeine in the coffee is believed to stimulate bowel movements.
Please note that these therapies should be used under the guidance of a healthcare professional, as they may carry risks and side effects. It is important to discuss the appropriateness and safety of these treatments with a healthcare provider before trying them.
Benefits of Water Irrigation in Treating Constipation
Water irrigation is a beneficial method for treating constipation. It helps to soften the stool and promote regular bowel movements, relieving discomfort and preventing the buildup of waste in the intestines.
This gentle and natural approach also reduces the need for harsh laxatives or suppositories, which can have unwanted side effects.
Additionally, water irrigation helps to hydrate the body and improve overall digestive health. It is an effective and safe alternative for individuals suffering from chronic constipation or those who want to maintain a healthy bowel function.
How to Safely Perform Water Irrigation at Home for Constipation
To safely perform water irrigation at home for constipation, follow these steps:
1. Gather supplies: You will need a water enema kit, distilled or filtered water, a lubricant, and a towel or mat for comfort.
2. Prepare the water: Boil the water and let it cool to a comfortable temperature. Pour it into the enema bag or bottle.
3. Position yourself: Find a comfortable position in the bathroom, such as lying on your left side with your knees bent.
4. Lubricate the tip: Apply a water-based lubricant to the tip of the enema nozzle to ease insertion.
5. Insert the nozzle: Gently insert the nozzle into your rectum, aiming it towards your navel. Relax your muscles to make insertion easier.
6. Let the water flow: Squeeze the enema bag or bottle gently to allow the water to flow into your rectum. Start with a small amount and gradually increase as tolerated.
7. Retain the water: Hold the water in your rectum for a few minutes, or as instructed by a healthcare professional. This allows the water to soften the stool and stimulate bowel movements.
8. Release the water: When you feel the urge to empty your bowels, go to the toilet and release the water and stool. This may require a few trips to the bathroom.
9. Clean and disinfect: Clean the enema kit thoroughly with soap and water after use to prevent contamination.
Note: It is advisable to consult with a healthcare professional before attempting water irrigation at home, especially if you have underlying health conditions or are unsure about the procedure.
Comparing Water Irrigation to Other Constipation Treatments
Water irrigation is a gentle and natural treatment for constipation. Compared to other treatments, such as laxatives or enemas, water irrigation offers several advantages.
Firstly, it helps to soften and hydrate the stool, making it easier to pass without straining.
Secondly, water irrigation does not introduce any additional chemicals or medications into the body, making it a safer option for long-term use.
Additionally, water irrigation can be done at home using simple equipment, providing convenience and privacy. Overall, water irrigation is an effective and holistic approach to relieving constipation.
Contemporary Kanpo “Nalelu”
As one safe way to relieve constipation, we are pleased to introduce you to a supplement from Japan formulated under the concept of Kanpo, the traditional Chinese medicine refined in Japan.
NALELU is a supplement brand in Japan based on the idea to reconstruct this Kampo philosophy with contemporary materials. People have loved their products for decades in Japan.
Juveriente has closed a partnership with Nalelu and bring you their natural supplement of “contemporary Kanpo” as JUVERIENTE®/Nalelu®.
HarmoniHerbs Gentle Laxative by JUVERIENTE® / Nalelu®
HarmoniHerbs Gentle Laxative combines 29 plant materials as a Contemporary Chinese herbal remedy under the concept of Kanpo. It aims to provide a mild improvement in bowel movements while working towards fundamental improvement in constitution for better and safer long-term use.